The Technion sees great importance in making its websites accessible and invests considerable resources in this matter. These are many hundreds of sites managed by various entities. This document is attached to accessible sites or multi-site systems, so that the site containing a link to this document should be accessible, except for personal sites of academic and research staff members who are exempt by law from accessibility and are only required to provide accessibility upon request.
About 20% of the population in Israel are people with various degrees of disabilities, who need assistance in accessibility in general and in surfing websites in particular. A disability may be visual impairment, hearing impairment, cognitive impairment, motor impairment or the weakening of various functional abilities resulting from a permanent or temporary disability.
The Technion is committed to standard AA in accordance with the provisions of Israeli Standard SI 5568 for accessible websites, which enable:
- Enlarge text using a button on a dedicated accessibility bar on the side of the screen.
- Displays high-contrast content and an option for negative colors (light text on a dark background) in the accessibility bar.
- Suitable for reading the site’s content to a screen reader, including, but not limited to:
- Clear semantic structure.
- Skip links.
- Description of image content in ALT tags.
- Links with a meaningful heading detailing where they lead.
- Navigate the site without using the mouse using arrow keys, Tab and Enter.
- Compatible with common browsers – Chrome, Mozilla, Explorer, Safari.
- Avoiding the use of flashing elements or quick animation.
- Mobile compatibility.
- Stop/play control buttons in dynamic image and content presentations.
Physical accessibility on campus
Please click here for information on accessibility of buildings and access roads on the Technion campus.
Despite all the effort invested in making the sites accessible, some items may not be accessible properly, either due to human error, or due to a technological problem. In case you encounter any problem related to accessibility, please contact the site managers according to the contact details attached on the site, or to the support centers:
For phone support: 04-829-5600
To contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org